Final Supporting Arch

ImageImageI have had a difficult time naming each of these individual pieces, and this one has changed from ‘upper arm piece’ to now ‘supporting arch’. The original design had two of these pieces, one at either end, but I found that that wasn’t necessary. 

The first picture shows just how large the piece is compared to the bed of my 3d printer. The design actually called for a bottom piece that is 2.54 cm wide, but I had to shrink that quite a bit to fit into my printer.

The second picture shows the comparison between the first arch I printed and the new one. I cut off one of the legs of the old arch, as I often find pieces of old prints to reuse rather than printing out an entirely new one to serve a similar function

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: