Final Printed Gears
Now that I have the gears printed and fitted, I just need to securely attach them to the timing pulleys, and figure out a permanent way to keep the threaded rod on the smaller gear (it’s difficult to see from the pictures, but the gear on the nail is smaller than the one on the stepper motor to leave enough room for the pvc pipe).
Once I do that I am just left with a bunch of little things:
- Attach the final servo motor to the back of the stepper motor
- Print both end pieces to hold the threaded rod and pvc
- Cut the piece of Oak down to size
- End piece for the pvc and threaded rod
- Write the Arduino and Processing code
OK, that last one won’t be a ‘little’ thing I need to do.