Functional Timing Belt

I am not labeling this as ‘Final’ because, while I hope it will hold up for the rest of the project, I have a feeling it will fail at some point and I will need to find out a better way to make it work. As you can see from the video, it looks pretty good from the side; but from the front it clearly isn’t well constructed.

I was hoping to buy a closed timing belt, but I ended up with an open ended one. This was nice because I could cut it to the exact size I need, but there is no good way of joining the ends back up. I ended up gluing four Arduino jumper wires to the polyurethane belt, which will hopefully be strong enough to hold it.

I switched from the screw to using a nail because the timing pulley was moving up and down the screw. The screw was much better at holding the printed threaded rod, and unfortunately it just falls off of the nail. I was hoping I could find a way to temporarily attach it to the rod, but now it seems like I will have to glue it on.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: