End Piece Redesign

Image

Original End Piece Design

Image

End Piece Redesign

Image

Redesign View 2

I had to rethink the design of the motors after I found that the servo motor was unable to carry the weight of the stepper motor. I was going to purchase another stepper motor, but I still wasn’t very happy with the amount of weight one stepper would have to carry to support the other.

I decided to keep one stepper and one servo, and instead of putting the stepper motor 5 cm from the servo motor’s axis of rotation, I would have their centers aligned. This means that I will need to run a timing belt (shown in dark grey) between the stepper and the threaded rod to get that piece to function properly.

This makes things a little bit more complicated on the coding side of this project, but it should make everything turn a lot smoother.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: